Website works in test mode
Investigative department of the State Inspector's Service investigates the following crimes committed by the representative of law enforcement body, an officers or a person holding equivalent position on November 1, 2019 and thereafter:
- Torture (Article 1441 of the Criminal Code of Georgia);
- Threat of torture (Article 1442 of the Criminal Code of Georgia);
- Humiliation or inhuman treatment (Article 1443 of the Criminal Code of Georgia);
- Abuse of official powers using violence or a weapon or by offending personal dignity of a victim (Article 332, paragraph 3, subparagraphs “b” and “c” of the Criminal Code of Georgia);
- Exceeding official powers using violence or a weapon or by offending personal dignity of a victim (Article 333, paragraph 3, subparagraphs “b” and “c” of the Criminal Code of Georgia);
- Providing explanation, testimony or opinion under duress (Article 335 of the Criminal Code of Georgia);
- Coercion of a person placed in a penitentiary institution into changing testimony or refusing to give testimony, and coercion of a convicted person in order to interfere with the fulfilment of his/her civil duties (Article 378, paragraph 2 of the Criminal Code of Georgia);
- Other crimes which caused the death of a person and when committing this crime this person was in the temporary detention isolator or in a penitentiary institution or in any other place, where he/she was forbidden to leave the place against his/her will by a representative of the law enforcement body, an official or a person equal to him/her, or this person was otherwise under the effective control of the state.
Investigative department of the State Inspector Service is authorized to:
- conduct the investigation at full extant;
- Carry out operative and investigative activities;
- Obtain, process and analyze information related to the activities of the State Inspector Service, implement information systems;
- if necessary, use technical equipment/means and/or means of transport that belong to another state body, except for the agency, the employee of which committed the fact of crime on which the investigation is carried out;
- carry out other measures and actions defined by the legislation of Georgia.